Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lost Art

My only daughter Dena was born as a digital citizen, while I'm merely an illegal alien in a digital world. She doesn't read the manual of any gadget or new software, she just figures things out. I read manual front to back and still need her help with stuff. The other day over Skype she showed me actual prints she developed in a dark room taken from an analog camera using an actual film! She slides effortlessly from digital to analog. I'm struggling. I used to wait eagerly for an hour to have my pictures developed in an hour photo service. Nowadays I can't even wait one minute for my laptop to restart. Patience is such a lonely word. Kudos to ECUAD for going back to basics.

Photograph by Dena

Photograph by Dena

Photograph by Dena

Photograph by Dena

No comments: