Monday, April 6, 2015

Panic Attack

The idea of being alone in the sea always terrifies me. So at the at the start of my first open water swimming trial I stayed close with a fellow swimmer and followed his feet. Then half way to a green buoy I realized I was completely alone in the open sea. But I kept swimming. I was completely taken by surprise that I wasn't scared at all and I was quite enjoying the experience. Until I saw something black on my left arm. My right hand frantically brushed it. My mind frantically thought I'M GOING TO DIE! I'M GOING TO DIE! I'M GOING TO DIE! My common sense frantically rescued me and pointed it out that the black thing was a smeared number written on my arm with a marker for the open water trial. I almost choked on salty water because I laughed so hard. 

No comments: