Friday, March 22, 2013

Second Wind

What is it about a new running route that makes me forget about time and distance? An underpass with mosaic art, stretches of coastline, warm weather, extremely wide sidewalk, a promenade with white tents like structure filled with little shops, a clean public bathroom, a man fishing right on the boardwalk, a couple sat on the bench waiting for the sunset, boardwalk lined with psyllium plants that high five me, friendly passersby who whistled or yelled encouraging words, fellow runners who nod or smiled my way, bright sparkles from the city skyline, starless sky, gush of wind that kissed my face. All the kilometers just passed by so quickly. Or maybe the fact that I ran next to someone I'm in love with that made all the difference. Either way it really got my adrenalin going!

No comments: