Monday, March 11, 2013

Road Runner

Once in a while I venture out of the comfort of my neighborhood looking for a new running path. This week I ran dangerously against a Sunday morning traffic in Jakarta, the capital city of traffic and pollution. I envy those who live in a city with spacious pedestrian walk lined with trees. Jakarta's motorists have no respect whatsoever to pedestrians let alone a runner who run against the traffic. I had to maneuver my strides along the uneven walkway or road and watched the incoming traffic at all times. Not all intersections have zebra cross and motorists run through traffic lights like there's no tomorrow. I had to make eye contact with motorists and put my hand up to make sure they know I was about to cross a street. Running on the streets of Jakarta gives such adrenalin rush. I love it! My mind had no time to tell my legs to quit. Before I knew it I reached my 16k goal. 

No comments: