Thursday, March 15, 2012

Easy Does It

Two Sundays ago I had the privilege to volunteer for Kelas Belajar Oky, a  volunteer based activities which teach children in slum areas around Jakarta. The narrow road to the place was being repaired so I had to take an ojek. No big deal, even though I'm scared to death of riding a motor cycle! I think the ojek guy kind of sensed my fear, because he engaged in a nice conversation with me. I admired the way he maneuvered a wooden plank over big ditch and narrow pathway of someone's backyard. I felt like I was part of a great circus act. I guess I haven't really overcome my motorcylophobia because the motor cycle only went about 15-20km/hr, I was not on a real street with thousands of other motorcycles and there was no traffic at all. *sigh* But I had really a great time making recycled frame with the children! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing that stuck in my head&heart was when the only boy who came said:"Nggak rugi deh datang hari ini" That shows he really enjoy making the frame with you, Tina. Thank u.

outodbox said...

Hahaha...my sentiment exactly!Let's do it again sometime next month.