Friday, July 31, 2015

Fear Factor

One lovely quiet Friday morning at pulau Pramuka. I thought I could manage a half hour solitary swim in the sea from a wooden jetty. I mean I did an open water trial in pulau Putri. And I did Bintan triathlon for goodness sake. This should be a piece of cake, right? So in I went. I could only manage a five minutes swim before a panic attack set in that forced me to swim er.. more like to frantically flap my hands and legs like a mad dog back to the jetty. I didn't count the factor that at both events there were other swimmers. Darn! I haven't really conquered my fear of swimming alone in the sea.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the time our small ship went to Male in Maldives to discharge a cargo of Jet Fuel directly near the International Airport. Two of us swimming in the sea, ( turquoise pristine blue!! ) were carried by the swift currents a mile away in a jiffy. We were finally rescued by a stand by Boat.

outodbox said...

Scary!