Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mood Buster

First run after a three week break. Feeling rather discouraged and frustrated  after only a brief 2.4K jog the pain on my right leg return. Biking slowly on the way home when I passed a bunch of street sweepers in light blue uniform. One guy stood out from the crowd. He was multitasking: singing, dancing, laughing and sweeping road at the same time. Having a time of his life. A gentle reminder of William Arthur Ward's quote: Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessing. Note to self: count my blessings not my my troubles. I smiled at him and gave him a thumb up as a thank you cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog nice narrative writings. Keep it up. I am sure there are many silent readers hopping into your blog to read. it just that today i thought of dropping a line or two. Thanks.

Rosh from Nusantara

outodbox said...

Appreciate your kind and uplifting words Rosh from Nusantara. Thank you.