Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Tag

I love vintage. Library books used to come with a pocket and a stock card on the inside of the front cover or the back cover. The librarian would write on the stock card the borrower's name and the due date. I imagine the librarian and the borrower would engage in small talk about the weather or something because it probably would take about 15-20 seconds to take out the stock card from the pocket, fill it in properly and store the stock card for each book. Now it takes less than 5 seconds to scan the bar code of library books.

To pay homage to the extinct library card I adopt the idea as the tag for my journal. The tag become part of the journal; which means my friends don't have to throw away the tag, which means I know my tag has longer living expectations than most tags. Double yay! 



No comments: