Monday, January 21, 2013

Bib #4

Three days before my first trail running race I made a fuss about this and that. Delayed race pack, so not cool. No name or chips on the bib? No medal? No t-shirt? Bla bla bla. Then I ran the race. Tall pine trees. Pinkish upside down flower. Solitude run through quiet forest. Clean crispy air. Steep hills. Pain. Kisses from the wind. Sounds of gushing water. Mountain vistas. Chill temperature. High fives & laughter from tiny villagers. Sounds of birds. Soul cleansing muddy cold puddle. Rocky slippery downhills. Stairs! More pain. Blue sky. Dancing clouds. Facade of historic cave. No quitting thoughts even though I could barely run towards the end. Sure a medal is a nice reward but the journey itself and the feeling at a finish line are worth more than any medal. Will I spend money on a race without bib, medal, shirt or whatever stuff one usually get in a race? Absolutely!

No comments: