Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Power of One

I used to think that to make a change I need to do something big in order to make an impact. I justified my ignorant by making excuses: I don't have the capital to start & I just don't have the time. Until I read these excerpt from Rick Warren's devotional:

"You are a manager of the gifts God has given to you. They may be great or small in your eyes, but they matter to God. “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 NIV). When God made you, he made an investment in you, and he expects a return on that investment. Are you using what He’s given you for the benefit of others to make the world a better place? Or are you just using those talents to benefit yourself?"

Last Saturday I met a photographer, a graphic designer, singers & musicians, a chef, teachers, an architect, a banker, an artist, a naval base commander who all have something in common: they share their talents to benefit street children of Jakarta. They use what they have to make a change in someone's world. Happy 40th birthday KDM!



No comments: