Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Kid in a Candy Store

Trip#2
Art & Craft Store
Location: Pasar Mayestik
Wether: Cloudy & Drizzling

"Oooh...look at all those range of colors!" "Aaaw...what a cute little buttons!" Every time I visit this store in pasar Mayestik I found myself ogling over stuff. Rows after rows of buttons, ribbons, strings, zippers, lace, feathers, beads, glitters and craft tools. Even though I'm armed with shopping list I always ended up buying stuff that falls into "I don't know what I'm going to do with this but I must have it" category.

The strangest things about the store were all the salesperson are male with a certain ethnic background and there were no price tags! With more than 2000 items I think they just randomly put a price on my purchase. When I asked one of the guy how does he know the price of everything he just looked at me and simply said, "We have a system." and refused to explain further.

No comments: