Friday, November 19, 2010

Practice, Practice, Practice

So I've committed myself to this drawing thingy for the yearbook project. The last time I pick up my pencil or pen to actually draw was....yikes! I can't remember. I saw this great tutorial in YouTube for bookbinding and thought I'd make myself a cool sketchbook that would motivate me to sketch every day, using leftover materials from previous yearbook project. I so love the look & the feel of the sketchbook, I'm afraid to start sketching. Double yikes! 


 Finally after staring, admiring & marveling at my creation for some time...I turned off narcissistic mode and finally had the nerve to have a go. I think I have to practice some more :) 


I asked my students to draw whatever they feel like on a Post-it notes and stick them on my wall. Have you ever found a child's drawing that you don't like? I like all of them. I'm always intrigued & mesmerized by a child's drawings because they draw from their heart.

Speaking of Post-it...I Googled Post-it and came across Draw It, a drawing game from Post-it. I never thought a drawing game could give me such adrenalin rush. Happy doodling!

No comments: